Today I read in Malachi 3:17 about how God will make me His jewel. It made my heart happy to think about being a jewel, something treasured, to a God who has everything. Then my mind drifted to all the things He has made me to be. Here is my top ten list.
- Child of God. God adopted me into His beautiful family. (1 John 3:1) I am born of God. (Ephesians 1:5) I have a pedigree! (1 John 5:1)
- Temple of the Holy Spirit. In me abides comfort and instructions. I can know what I need to do or say. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
- Part of a holy priesthood. I get to go to the Holy Place to minister to my God. I have been called into His marvelous light. I want to be a temple junkie! (1 Peter 2:4, 9)
- His Workmanship. I haven’t arrived, but I am in God’s studio as He shapes me into a vessel of honor. (Ephesians 2:10)
- Forgiven. My God and Father is not dangling my failures in order to guilt me into service. I get to because I want to. (Ephesians 1:7)
- Overcomer. I can step over, conquer and win in Jesus’ name. I don’t have to be bound to ugly junk that wants to rob me of my inheritance. (1 John 4:4; 5:4) I have been raised up in His power. (1 Corinthians 6:14)
- Living Stone. This seems like a contradiction—living and stone—yet, that is me … sinful, yet righteous. (1 Peter 2:4)
- Seated in heavenly places. Not by any worth of my own, I get to sit in places that I don’t deserve. (Ephesians 2:6)
- Able to know the mysteries of His will. I get a glimpse of how much he loves me! And you! (Ephesians 1:9)
- Loved. When you pay a price like that you must treasure the jewel. (John 3:16)
What is on your top ten list? If you don’t have a list of things that God says about you, may I suggest that you start one? The Enemy has one he loves to parade in front of us like loser, failure, broken, damaged and unworthy. We need a list that constantly reminds us of who we really are.I keep a list in the back of my Bible. Some people write out scriptures and keep them on their bathroom mirror. The method doesn’t matter. But the message is essential to life and health.